It is our continuing goal to ensure that the parents and students at Grayson High School have the most up-to-date and relevant information regarding graduation and course recovery. Below, you will find multiple links designed to inform all stakeholders of the options regarding recovering credit if a student would like to make-up a course that he/she previously failed.
With the options, it is imperative that the student and family understand the multiple advantages and disadvantages that come with each option. If you have questions after reviewing the different options, please do not hesitate to email Dr. Sharon Butler (Counseling Department Chair, email@example.com) or Dr. Byron Howard (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The credit recovery program is used to recover a failing grade and to get students back on track for graduation. The purpose of the credit recovery program is for students in all grades (9th – 12th) to receive the opportunity to complete previously failed course work using the self – paced GaBOE CR Virtual Learning Modules. The learning modules are designed and approved by the state department of education. Credit Recovery works when students utilize their customized learning task to make – up needed courses (pre – test, assignments/ content, post – test, and final exam). The CR students are expected to stay on track for graduation after completion of the make-up course and/or courses.
The credit recovery program at Grayson High school will begin on Monday, January 15, 2018 for the second semester. If your child has failed a core subject (Math. ELA, Social Studies, or Science) between 60 - 69, they are eligible to recover the course under the program. Please check with the teacher or your child's counselor for confirmation of needing to make - up the course due to failure. The credit recovery program is used to get students back on track for graduation. The most successful students in CR are those who attend the computer lab daily during 4th period advisement.
Here are few tips and informational items to succeed in credit recovery at Grayson HS:
1. Do not throw away the notebook for the failed course. Please use this reference material as a study guide to pass the CR course. Most often valuable notes and formulas can be utilized in the CR course.
2. The website for credit recovery is GAcredit recovery.home. Read over the requirements/expectations over the holidays.
3. New students to credit recovery will complete the registration process at Grayson High School starting from Monday, January 8 , 2018 until Friday, January 12, 2018.
4. Parents will receive a credit recovery letter from Dr. Howard outlining the process and expectations of credit recovery. Please sign and return to Grayson HS.
5. The first official day of the CR computer lab (Gold Lab -1.204) during 4th period advisement will be on Tuesday, January 16, 2018. Students must attend daily.
* Special note: Students who failed to complete their CR course during the first semester of school are expected to have their CR course completed by Friday, January 26, 2018.
Grayson High School Counseling Website - visit this website for an overview of each of the options.