It is our continuing goal to ensure that the parents and students at Grayson High School have the most up-to-date and relevant information regarding graduation and course recovery. Below, you will find multiple links designed to inform all stakeholders of the options regarding recovering credit if a student would like to make-up a course that he/she previously failed.
With the options, it is imperative that the student and family understand the multiple advantages and disadvantages that come with each option. If you have questions after reviewing the different options, please do not hesitate to email Dr. Sharon Butler (Counseling Department Chair, email@example.com) or Dr. Byron Howard (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The credit recovery program is used to recover a failing grade and to get students back on track for graduation. The purpose of the credit recovery program is for students in all grades (9th – 12th) to receive the opportunity to complete previously failed course work using the self – paced GaBOE CR Virtual Learning Modules. The learning modules are designed and approved by the state department of education. Credit Recovery works when students utilize their customized learning task to make – up needed courses (pre – test, assignments/ content, post – test, and final exam). The CR students are expected to stay on track for graduation after completion of the make-up course and/or courses.
Here are some successful tips for CR at Grayson HS:
1. Students must study content lessons at home for at least one hour per day. (Pre - Test and lessons can be completed at home!)
2.. Students must take all post -test and finals at Grayson HS.
2. Students in CR must report on time to the Gold Lab (1.204) during their advisement session at 4th period. The first day for the computer lab is Monday, August 21, 2017.
3. Each students must return their CR Letter by August 23, 2017.
4. After school CR testing will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:10pm to 3:30pm starting Tuesday, August 29, 2017.
5. Parents - please monitor your child's progress at home.
Thank you parents for assisting in the academic performance of your child at Grayson HS.
Grayson High School Counseling Website - visit this website for an overview of each of the options.